What information is being collected?
The personal information we collect from our customers is as follows; Name, address, phone number, e-mail address.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To enable us to respond to customer enquiries
- To enable us to communicate and coordinate with customers during the planning of an event
- For customers who have actively chosen to sign up to our newsletters, we will contact you via email with our latest news and offers. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by email email@example.com
How do we collect your personal information?
When you provide information to us by:
- Completing the contact form on our website
- Communicating with us by phone or e-mail
- On some occasions, we may collect customer bank details either by phone or via email, to process a refund in-line with our bar incentive scheme.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our Website we send you a cookie.
Cookies may be used in the following ways:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose of the cookie|
|_ga||Google Inc.||This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site’s analytics reports.
Duration: 2 years
|_gat||Google Inc.||This cookie is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic web pages.
Duration: 1 minute
|_gid||Google Inc.||This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site’s analytics reports.
Duration: 24 hours
|_gwcc||Google Inc.||This cookie allows Google to track any call conversions on mobile devices. For example, when a customer clicks a phone number on the contact us page to dial from their mobile device.
Duration: 3 months
When do we share your personal information?
- Your personal information may be shared among other Appetite for Adventure staff for the purposes listed above.
- We employ third party courier companies to deliver packages on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, i.e. your address but may not use it for other purposes.
If you have not consented to receive our various marketing materials, and we no longer require your personal information to fulfil the listed purposes your personal information will be removed from our data records with immediate effect.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ours. You should consult the privacy notices of those third-party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by them.
The data we collect conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998. You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Access to personal information
We try to be as open as possible in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
How to Contact us